Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESCALATION NOTIFICATIONS

Dave Durand April 8, 2022

Just looking for the right notification approach here....

Same notification & escalation regardless of the type of alert/priority, etc.

I have a primary on-call....the escalation should notify secondary on-call after 10 minutes, an senior staff member after 20 minutes and a manager after 30 minutes.  

I'm seeing too many articles with complex scenarios and just need the KISS method here.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Where are you getting stuck. Should be able to d something like this...

E799060D-FC7B-4873-8312-730CDB19AAA9.jpeg

Dave Durand April 11, 2022

....without a routing rule, correct?

Dave Durand April 13, 2022

This is exactly how it is set up and the escalation is not working...only the first alert goes out and when the first user intentionally ignores it, it stops there.

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

This happens when the Routing rules point to the schedule and not the escalation.

Opsgenie escilation.PNG

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Dave Durand April 13, 2022

funny I caught it just before you posted this.  I have to test it but the initial route was only pointed to the primary on-call....DOH!!!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

I'm trying a new video software tool so I made a video.

Link to custom video 

Let me know if you can not see it.

0 votes
Dave Durand April 14, 2022

Thanks for your help folks...this information helped to get it working

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events