Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have updated instructions for the Microsoft Azure Service Health Integration ?

Edmundo Rangel August 25, 2021

I was trying to follow this document: Integrate Opsgenie with Microsoft Azure Service Health | Opsgenie | Atlassian Support   so that we can get OpsGenie Alerts created when Microsoft changes the East US region state to degraded or failed.

However the link below has instructions from the old Azure Portal version and the current Azure Portal menu is now different and not that user friendly anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Edmundo Rangel September 16, 2021

I was able to create my own Alert connector using the most up-to-date Azure portal as of September of 2021. Hope someone finds it useful

Here we go:

1. In https://portal.azure.com open the main menu and select Monitor
  2. In the left menu select Alerts (it should be the third option after Overview and Activity Log)
  3. Click on the New alert rule button (has a blue plus symbol icon) which appears at the top of the displayed Alerts screen
  4. In the Scope section click the Select resource link, another screen will pop on the left side of the screen
  5. In the Select a resource screen you can use the filters showing at the top to select the subscription, resource type and location you want the alerts for.  In my case I chose a subscription which covers all alerts from all resources under it.
  6. After selecting the Subscription/resource that you want alerts to be sent to OpsGenie make sure you click the Done button. You will see the selected resource listed within the Scope section.
  7. You can skip the the Condition section but this can be used if you want alerts generated for specific conditions, there is hundreds of options that azure provides here.
  8. In the Actions section is where you will configure the Webhook to connect to OpsGenie. Click on the Add action groups link, another screen will pop on the left side of the screen.
  9. Click on the Create action group button (with the blue plus icon),a new screen will display.
  10. In the Basics section select the same resource or subscription that you selected above. Choose any of the resource group within that subscription or the one you specifically desire. Under Instance details enter the Action group name (example name "OpsGenie WebHook for Subscription XXXX") and Display name (example "og_wh_ops_team")
  11. Click on the Actions section, select Action type "Webhook", another screen will pop on the left, enter the URI provided in the OpsGenie Integration, click Ok button
  12. Verify your configuration and then click on the Review + create button
  13. Back in the Alert rule details enter the Alert rule name (Example: "OpsGenie alerts for my subscription", also enter a meaningful description of your new alert rule so you can remember what is it for and for others to see.
  14. Click the Create alert rule button, congrats you are done!

Other Tips:

• In Azure, make sure you have necessary IAM roles to the subscriptions and resources you want to add alerts for.
  • If you want alerts from multiple subscriptions you will have to create new alert rule per subscription following steps above. Same applies for specific resources within subscriptions. You can reuse the Action group that you created in the first rule in order to send alerts to the same Opsgenie Webhook.
  • You can manage your Alert rules using the Manage Alert rules button in the main Alerts screen. 
1 vote
Skyler Ataide
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Hi there Edmundo,

Thanks for reaching out! We do have an open request in to update the docs/integrations to go along with Azures updates, apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused in the meantime. As an alternative, the regular Azure integration should work as well in most cases - here's the documentation for that: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/microsoft-azure-integration 

To get the Microsoft Azure Service Health alert set up, you may need to go to Service Health>>Health alerts in Azure in order to add service health alerts and get them configured. Additionally, this documentation can be helpful to confirm that your Azure Service Health integration is working via POST script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-health/service-health-alert-webhook-opsgenie

Best,

Skyler

Edmundo Rangel September 16, 2021

hi @Skyler Ataide thanks for the response, however those links are also old instructions and no longer applicable because "Alerts (classic)" is no longer available in Azure Portal.

I will reply here with my own answer since it seems I was able to figure it out by myself.

Mark T June 16, 2023

Thanks for posting, surprised that its been two years and this still isn't updated....

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events