Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Opsgenie Support Data Pipeline for export?

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Both Confluence and Jira support Data Pipeline to export data. Does Opsgenie support export in this way? If not, are there any plans to support it in the future?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Tom Russell ,

Data Pipeline is not supported specifically in Opsgenie. We do have a few methods you can export data out of Opsgenie.

One option would be to use our API's, we have API's for every component in Opsgenie. If you're looking to export Alert data, then you would want to leverage the Alert API.

The other option would be to export your data via reports in Opsgenie. For example if you go to Analytics -> Alert Reports -> Alert Analytics, you can filter for specific alerts, and then it will display a dashboard with various alert metrics. You can also export the alert data straight from here by clicking on the Number of Alerts -> Show Alerts Detailed -> Download Results.

2021-09-22_10-22-02.png

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Samir

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Thanks, Samir. I'm familiar with the API and analytics, but am interested in Data Pipeline to provide more of a real-time feed of alert data to our data lake for analysis in combination with other company data.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi Tom!

Justin here, from Opsgenie support - happy to help!

Opsgenie does not currently support Data Pipeline, but I have entered a new feature request for this with our team. The request ID is OGS-4156, for reference (note that Opsgenie feature requests are not public at this time, but you can get information on request status by contacting our support team directly).

As an alternative, there are a few other ways to get alert data out of Opsgenie - let me go through them below:

1) You can export alert data from the alert dashboard, using the 'Export CSV' option:

export-csv.png

2) You can export alerts from the Analytics module - view the 'Alert Analytics' report, click the number of alerts and select 'Show Alerts' or 'Show Alerts Detailed', and you can then download those results as a CSV:

alert-report.png

download-results.png

3) You can use our Alert API to download all alert data as well, or construct some automation to regularly pull alert data and pass it along to a third-party analytics or BI tool:

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-api

Hopefully one of these options works for you, but please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Best,

Justin S.
Atlassian Cloud Support

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2021

Thanks, Justin. I'm familiar with the API and analytics, but am interested in Data Pipeline to provide more of a real-time feed of alert data to our data lake for analysis in combination with other company data. I appreciate you putting in the feature request.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events