Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not notify when closing Opsgenie Alerts, permanently

Mike Hang TR March 27, 2023

Historically, I'd follow something like this, where I'd change the notification scheme, close all the dead tickets, and put it back on track: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Close-ticket-without-notifying-reporter/qaq-p/1937843

But after doing it for the 100th or so time, it gets tiring. We do not care to know when tickets get closed, only opened. 

Is there a way to permanently suppress notifications when closing alerts?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Mike Hang TR ,

Users are notified when an alert is closed through their Close Alert notification rule.

So each user would 1) either need to disable or remove this rule from their Notifications tab:

close1.jpg

Or 2) You could configure a Central Notification Template that applies to your users' roles, and does not include a Close Alert rule:

close2.jpgclose3.jpg

There is not a way to permanently suppress notifications when closing alerts. Again, the Close Alert rule would not have to exist (or be disabled) for users to not get notified of closed alerts.

A few things to note about CNTs as well;

1) CNTs are only included with the Opsgenie standalone Standard and Enterprise plans, or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans.

2) CNTs standardize ALL notification rules to the users its assigned (which is dependent on their account role). If you apply a CNT to a role, the users with this applied would not be able to edit or adjust any of their notification rules. So I suppose you could temporarily enabled the CNT when bulk closing alerts, then disable it once it's completed.

Mike Hang TR March 29, 2023

Looks like the notifications route is also paywalled. No option to adjust Closed Alerts there, only when they are New Alert and when our shift is starting.

I greatly appreciate the screenshots with the detailed answers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events