Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I setup multiple rosters when there are multiple people on the same shift.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

Hi there,

I think this is pretty obvious but wanted to be sure.

If there are 5 people on a morning shift and 3 on an afternoon shift, I am basically setting up 8 rotations in the on-call schedules to cover off the times for each of the 8 people seeing they are all on call at the same time 5 rotations for the morning shift (1 per user) then 3 rotations for the afternoon shift (1 per user).

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2022

Hi @Ste404 ,

Since only one user can exist on-call in a rotation, multiple rotations would be needed for that user case (5 users on-call in the morning, and 3 users on-call in the afternoon).

It might look something like this:

sched1.jpg

Note you can easily clone a rotation to configure this a bit quicker by clicking the pencil icon of an existing rotation.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

Bingo, that is exactly what I had in place but then as usual started doubting the way it looked...  the cloning is perfect.

Now to sort out my holiday problems (a different post).

Cheers.

Like Nick H likes this
Yugandhar Mocherla October 26, 2023

@Nick H we created the schedule the same way you suggested. We have created an Automation rule to assign the issues in JSM automatically to the on-call responder as per the On-call schedule.

The issues are always assigned to only one agent every time. Even though there is another participant in another rotation.

3-users in 9AM to 5PM on-call and created 3 rotations but issues are assigning alwasy to the one user.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2023

Can you assign it to them based on Workload, can you put a screenshot in of how you are assigning the user in the automation

Automation Rule - On-call-Responder.JPG

Please find the automation rule. If we select balanced workload, then we need to define the custom user list based on the shift rotation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events