cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying description in Slack on UpdateDescription action

James Chan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

I was wondering if there is a way to show the updated description in a Slack channel of an alert when an UpdateDescription action happens.

1 answer

0 votes
Animesh Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2023

Hello James Chan,

Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community. In the current build, whenever an UpdateDescription action is performed, the slack channel does reflect the action taken on the alert for example like,

Alert API executed ["UpdateDescription"] action on alert: "Alert_Message" #Tiny_Id_URL

However, in order to view the updated description one would require clicking on the tiny Id on the message which will redirect to the alert on Opsgenie web UI in order to view the updated description.

Alternatively a good way to get the updated description is by using the genie commands.

You can make use of the following command,

/genie get TINY_ID

This command can be used to return the updated description of an alert after the UpdateDescription action has been performed on an alert. 

I hope this helps and I wish you an amazing day ahead!

Best Regards,

Animesh
Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events