Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect Slack

Ruth July 18, 2023

Hi,

I changed my name due to marriage and therefore my emails and on top my username in opsgenie. my Slack is still associated with the old name and so I cannot acknoledge anything anymore. How do I reconnect Opsgenie and Slack - or how do I change the username in slack?

I tried `/genie connect`, but this still says my old name. I tried `/genie disconnect`, but that does not seem to exist.

Any idea what I can do?

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Hi @Ruth ,

If you run the /genie connect command, it should give you the option to disconnect. Once you do that, you should be able to reconnect with your new user.2023-07-18_17-00-26.png

Ruth July 18, 2023

hmm maybe I am on the wrong path then?

I do not have the following Error:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 08.56.18.png

When I then klick on the link, I get the following:image.png

The funny thing is, when we have an alert and I klick eg. `acknowledge`, I am getting assigned to the ticket.

Any idea what I can do?

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2023

@Ruth Are you logged into Opsgenie when you click on the "authenticate in Opsgenie" link?

Ruth July 20, 2023

as shown above, when I click on the link, I get the error in the screenshot. I can use /genie list for example, so I seem to be logged in, but not logged in at the same time...

John M
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2023

You would need to log in to Opsgenie directly before clicking the "authenticate in Opsgenie" link, as your session is showing as expired. 

Ruth July 20, 2023

I am logged in though. I think it expects my old account not my new account and therefore is in a weird state...

John M
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2023

You can map different email addresses between the 2 systems so it should work. I would try deleting the Opsgenie app from Slack and then add it back and attempt connecting again. 

Ruth July 21, 2023

how can I remove an app only for myself? We have it deeply integrated with our system, it creates alerts in around 100 channels, so I cannot delete the whole app just to fix it for myself. I had a look in the configuration, but cannot see revoking personal access, only the access to channel integrations I created, which I do not think is related?

John M
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2023

Try opening your default browser in incognito mode and log into Opsgenie, then click the "authenticate in Opsgenie" link again (while the incognito window it still the active window). If that doesn't work, please open a ticket with support so we can investigate further.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Ruth July 24, 2023

Thank you for all the efforts. I did that and unfortunately it is the same outcome. I will then contact the support

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events