Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different contact methods for notification rules based on Escalation?

james.martin@wexinc.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

In the same team we have two on call schedules. One for on call and one for escalation if the on call person doesn't answer. I have everything set up appropriately (Routing rule, escalation policies and on-call schedules) and it all works. 

Here's the rub. I'm trying to configure my Notification rules for new alert to do the following:

- Notify me via email when I receive it as part of the on call schedule.

- Notify me via sms if I receive it via the escalation schedule. 

I think I can do this by creating two notification rules, but I'm lost in terms of the condition criteria. How do I indicate the difference in the conditions?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2024

Hi james.martin@wexinc.com welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That's an interesting question!

I've been digging through the documentation, but I haven't found a solution either. In my opinion, this differentiation is not possible as on-call schedules are "independent" from escalations methods.

Awaiting answers from other Opsgenie users who may be able to provide you with a solution.

james.martin@wexinc.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

Thank @Dave Mathijs for looking into it! Would there be a way to auto-tag an alert (or change it's priority) on escalation? If I could do that then I could filter the notification method either by tag or priority.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events