Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delay notification and restart alerts automatically

I would like to set up notification policy to

1. Delay notifications until first 9:00 am between 18:00 - 09:00 for alerts whose priority is P3 
  2. Restart alert notifications 1 hours after it was created for all alerts

However, P3 alerts sent between 18:00 - 09:00 are not restarted because it meets the first policy. Is there any way to delay the notification and restart automatically?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir Atlassian Team Dec 15, 2021

Hi @Hiroyuki Ota !

An alert can only match one notification policy, and they are processed top-down. So as soon as it matches a notification policy, it will apply that one.

So you may want to set-up the notification policy for P3 alerts created between 18:00-09:00 that both A) delays the notifications until 9am, and B) restarts notifications after 1 hour

Thank you for your reply!

I did not realize that I can set multiple actions before reading your solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

2,440 views 0 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you