Degrading SCOM alerts not transferred to OpsGenie

michael_stefansen October 8, 2021

We are using OpsGenie to run our on-call schedules and control what SCOM alerts we are routing to our on-call personel.

The routing is working perfectly, when our SCOM alerts goes Healthy -> Warning -> Critical -> Healthy

But the issue starts when the sequence changes to: Healthy -> Warning -> Critical -> Warning

Then I'm not getting a alert state change in OpsGenie and a closure notification by email. This potentially means that my on-call personel would be woken up to check the alert, even that the state has already changed. Some alerts we are adding delay in SCOM before sending, because we know they'll most properly fix themselves again within a given timeperiod, but that's not the case for all alerts and some we want to notify about immediatly, like disks running full.

How can I get OpsGenie to generate a new alert for each state change in SCOM?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2021

Hi @michael_stefansen ,

Happy to help!

I would recommend filing a Support request so we can look at your setup more closely for better recommendations on a solution.

But implementation for that could be governed in the Advanced Settings of the SCOM integration. For the situation you're describing above, it sounds like you'd like to notified regarding Status updates to an existing alert; you're likely not getting notifications due to De-Duplication . Check the alerts in question to see if they have this occurring there as additional payloads come in to update the status from SCOM. If this is occurring, you might want edit the Alert Filters in Advanced Settings to have new alerts created for specific states you need to be notified about.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions, and please reach out via Support if you've like us to take a look!

Michael Stefansen October 12, 2021

Hi Shivam Naik

Thanks for you reply.

Would "Resolution State" change, if an alert is viewed or acknowledged in OpsGenie and therefore not get updates, as the Alert ID is the same, but we are only getting alerts when "Resolution State" equals "New"?

Henrik Schuetze October 18, 2023

We have the same Issue with Icinga & Zabbix.

It would be cool, if an degrading of an altert would be reflected in webGUi, JiraCloud Ticket and APP.

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events