Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Degrading SCOM alerts not transferred to OpsGenie

We are using OpsGenie to run our on-call schedules and control what SCOM alerts we are routing to our on-call personel.

The routing is working perfectly, when our SCOM alerts goes Healthy -> Warning -> Critical -> Healthy

But the issue starts when the sequence changes to: Healthy -> Warning -> Critical -> Warning

Then I'm not getting a alert state change in OpsGenie and a closure notification by email. This potentially means that my on-call personel would be woken up to check the alert, even that the state has already changed. Some alerts we are adding delay in SCOM before sending, because we know they'll most properly fix themselves again within a given timeperiod, but that's not the case for all alerts and some we want to notify about immediatly, like disks running full.

How can I get OpsGenie to generate a new alert for each state change in SCOM?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2021

Hi @michael_stefansen ,

Happy to help!

I would recommend filing a Support request so we can look at your setup more closely for better recommendations on a solution.

But implementation for that could be governed in the Advanced Settings of the SCOM integration. For the situation you're describing above, it sounds like you'd like to notified regarding Status updates to an existing alert; you're likely not getting notifications due to De-Duplication . Check the alerts in question to see if they have this occurring there as additional payloads come in to update the status from SCOM. If this is occurring, you might want edit the Alert Filters in Advanced Settings to have new alerts created for specific states you need to be notified about.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions, and please reach out via Support if you've like us to take a look!

Hi Shivam Naik

Thanks for you reply.

Would "Resolution State" change, if an alert is viewed or acknowledged in OpsGenie and therefore not get updates, as the Alert ID is the same, but we are only getting alerts when "Resolution State" equals "New"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

1,757 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you