Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication and Auto Close

Joe G April 24, 2019

I have this scenario I'm looking for assistance on. These particular email alerts I have integrated into OpsGenie get filtered based on the subject name and assigned an Alias for the deduplication effort. That being "WARNING: server". When the server comes back up, I get a similar subject, but it states "OK: server".  What I'd like to do is auto-close the alert when the OK message happens, but I want to close both the OK alert and the WARNING alert.  Should I make the filter rule for the alias just on the term "server" and group both together, then close on the alias?  Or should I keep the two as separate alerts and manage independently?  Is there a better way of doing this I'm overlooking? 

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2019

Hi Joe - so what you would want to do is setup a filter on the Create Alert action in the email integration for "subject contains WARNING", and then the filter on the Close Alert Action in the email integration would be "subject contains OK". You would want to make sure the alias field in both the Create Alert action, and the Close Alert action are the same. Sounds like you already got the alias configured. So you would just want to setup the Create Alert actions and Close alert actions as described. In the examples below, I have the alias configured to be the substring after the word "ID" in the subject of the email. Let me know if this helps or if you need anymore clarification!

Create Alert Action:

Opsgenie_-_Integration.png

Close Alert Action:

Opsgenie_-_Integration.png

Miguel_Angel_Navarro_Flores March 6, 2020

i dont have those options is  it because of my plan? what can i do to get those options? test.png

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2020

Hi @Miguel_Angel_Navarro_Flores  - the "Advanced" section of integrations is only available on Standard and Enterprise plans. So if you're on Free or Essentials plan, you won't have access to that "Advanced" view of the integrations.

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events