DeadMansSnitch

Henrique Oliveira March 27, 2023

PagerDuty has an integration called DeadMansSnitch, which creates an alert when another alert is not firing.
Is there anything related in OpsGenie?
A basic use case, I have an alert that is always triggered, if I don't get that alert it means something in my alert pipeline is broken and I might not be getting alerts.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Henrique Oliveira ,

Closest thing Opsgenie has to that would be Heartbeats.

The idea with Heartbeats is to ensure there is connectively established between your external systems and Opsgenie. If Opsgenie does not receive a "ping" from your external system over a specified amount of time, an alert will automatically be created to notify your users.

Heartbeats take the form of an email address so if your system or external tools can trigger emails, they can easily integrate with Opsgenie. Otherwise, you could configure some sort of job / script to ping the Heartbeat as well.

0 votes
Pēteris Caune March 28, 2023

Healthchecks.io, a similar service to DeadMansSnitch, has integrations for both PagerDuty and OpsGenie (and other services).

You can send the "pings" over HTTP(S) or email. Healthchecks supports multiple ping types: the default success, "fail", "start". By explicitly reporting failures, you can receive failure notifications sooner. If you send "start" pings, Healthchecks will measure and monitor job durations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events