we are trying to integrate Icinga2 alerts into OpsGenie.
As the infrastructure behind is quite complex, we choosed to use custom_variables to categorize hosts and services.
1) Is it possible to include all custom_variables in alerts sent from Icinga to Opsgenie via official plugin?
2) Is it possible to use custom variables in Alert policies?
Custom variables can be sent to Opsgenie via the method defined in our documentation here .
When you send the arguments, it can be parsed at the integration settings and stored into alert's extra properties as key-value pairs. You can further use this key-value pairs in Opsgenie alert policies.
Please reach out to us via chat support or via support.atlassian.com and we can assist further if you need any clarifications.
Thanks for your great feedback and sharing on the ticket you've open with us for the same topic.
This has been achieved by the combination of the details that Ronnie attached above and the following steps you've experimented.
1. Created new data field in Icinga2, assigned to host, set field value.
2. Edited /home/opsgenie/oec/opsgenie-icinga2opsgenie.conf,
to add the custom arguments as a key-value format in the "arguments" dictionary object.
3. Restart Icinga.
4. Added property from payload as new extra property on Create
As instructed, you may parse custom arguments by adding
to wherever is needed on the input fields.
For more information about using raw parameters please visit the Dynamic Fields document.
Thank you very much.
We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...