Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an alert - free version

Andrew Mackay August 19, 2019

Hello,

I am experimenting with the OpsGenie free version to see what it can do.  I am caught in a catch-22 regarding alerts.  If I specify a team as responder, I need to define a 'route' for the team.  The only options for route are to use an escalation or schedule, however escalations and schedules are not supported in free version (as it says in activity log). If I set a specific individual as a responder, it works fine. 

All I want to do is send an alert to a team.  Is this not possible with free version?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Andrew Mackay - what integration are you using to create alerts? On the free plan, all integrations are assigned to a team. So any alert created through that integration, will go to the team that the alert is assigned to.

So for example if I have an email integration assigned to "TeamA", and email sent to that email integration will create an alert with "TeamA" as the responder.

Once an alert goes to a team, it will follow the routing rules on that team to determine which escalation/schedule it should go to.

It sounds like you may be on an old free plan, if you don't have access to escalations/schedules. Both of those are included in our current free plan (detailed on https://www.opsgenie.com/pricing)

If you go to the subscription page when logged into Opsgenie, you should be able to change to our current free plan which will give you access to escalations/schedules.

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

please feel free to reach out to us at support by emailing support@opsgenie.com, or going to https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Andrew Mackay August 20, 2019

@Samir yes, you were right.  I was on the 'old' free plan.  I updated and now alerts work as I would expect.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events