Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom filter

Justin Abel-Admin January 2, 2024

I would like to create a custom filter based on the image below, that finds all closed alerts for the team "Beam and Gleam" and that the description contains the string "37-No Water". 

This is what I have so far.

status: closed AND teams: "Beam and Gleam Alerts" AND description: "*37-No Water*"

2024-01-02 07_13_14-#1192 Opsgenie - Alerts and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2024

I am trying to recall the search text syntax in OG. It has been a while. Can you try a simple search removing the Asterix?

description: "37-No Water"

i'm just trying to isolate how we find issues with the desired text description.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2024

Hi @Justin Abel-Admin , what are the results of your current filter and where is it falling short?

Currently I get 0 results. I would expect to receive about 5-10 of the closed alerts. everything works with the filter until I add in the "description: string" field

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2024

Also try without the quotes. I am not sure those are required. I don't know if wildcards are supported or not, hence my previous suggestion.

i found this article - https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/search-syntax-for-incidents/ 

not using quotes seemed to do the trick. I had already read that article too but thanks for pointing that out! 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2024

Good to know. Please consider accepting the answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events