cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not send [createCase] action to SalesForceServiceCloud

Theo Adegboye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2024

What could be the problem here, Am getting this error below after creating the Auth between Opsgenie and salesforce, this instruction was followed  https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-salesforce-service-cloud/

Could not send [createCase] action to SalesForceServiceCloud [Opsgenie - Salesforce Integration]. Reason: 400 Bad Request: "{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"authentication failure"}"

1 answer

0 votes
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2024

Hi @Theo Adegboye ,

This is Shashwat from Opsgenie support and here to help! :) 

This error is thrown for the authentication issue and is due to the password authentication not working on the Salesforce side.

Could you please try updating your Salesforce password and ensure it contains no special characters like # or &?

Please try resetting the password and re-authenticating the integration, and let me know if it works now.

Best,
Shashwat

kurt_donoghue
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2024

Hi @Shashwat Khare - I'm having the same issue. Is a full stop allowed in the password? - a special character is required when resetting the Salesforce password.

Also, do you offer guidance anywhere on how the connected app should be configured e.g. All users may self-authorize or Admin approved users are pre-authorized? Also, how should the integration be set up in Opsgenie e.g. should URL be https://test.salesforce.com?

Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2024

Hello @kurt_donoghue 

Could you please log a ticket with us using this link and we will answer all queries listed above once we have your configuration details and if required, the access to your account?

Best,
Shashwat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
ENTERPRISE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events