Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Opsgenie with Jira Server/DC

Olena Kharchenko October 14, 2021

Hello,

I am planning to connect Opsgenie to a Jira Server instance, which works using OEC.

My question is if there is any possibility to link the Jira Server issues in Opsgenie within the incidents or in the postmortem reports. As far as I know, this feature (lnking) works only with the Cloud products, given Opsgenie and Jira are in the same site.

Did anyone manage to use OEC in order to make linking possible also for the Server products? Are there any workarounds?

Thanks for your ideas!

Best regards,

Lena

1 answer

2 votes
Allen Barnard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2021

Hi Olena,

Yes, we have some limited related object identifying between Jira Server and Opsgenie when using OEC, our default Jira OEC script can be used to write the Alias of the Opsgenie alert as a label in the corresponding Jira issue.   And OEC will also write the corresponding Jira issue number in the extra properties of the Opsgenie alert.  Please note both are text values not links you will need to copy-paste them for manual searching in either Opsgenie or Jira respectfully. 

Thanks and kind regards,

Allen

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events