Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change priority dinamically based on the number of consecutives alerts

daniel.rosa November 24, 2021

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to escalate a priority dinamically based on the numbers of time that one alert happens without a ACK.

For example: if some P3 alert happens only 2-5 times, it's fine (no need to wake people, it's likely just a blip or client error). But if we get like 20 or 50 of them in a short interval, we should definitely increase the priority to P2 or P1 to get more eyes on it.
Is it possible to configure this kind of rule on Opsgenie to dinamically change the priority of the alerts based on it ?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

Hi @daniel.rosa !

There isn't a way to have an alert's priority increased based on the count (i.e. how many times it's occurred via alert de-duplication), although we do have a feature request.

Right now the only thing you can do based off of the count is delay notifications until the count of an alert reaches a certain threshold. You can set this up via a Notification Policy.

You configure a filter for which alerts you want this notification policy to apply to, then you enable it to delay notifications until the count reaches X. So when the alert is created, it will not send any notifications, then if the count of the alert reaches X (i.e. it gets de-duplicated X times), then it will start the notification flow and will follow the routing rules on the team.

2021-11-24_10-50-35.pngIn this example, I configured it to delay notifications unless the count of any alert reaches 10 in a period of 5 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Samir

daniel.rosa November 24, 2021

Hi @Samir , I think we can consider it, I'll talk to my team.
I really appreciate your quickly response.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events