Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Mattermost Integration message

Moses Moore May 19, 2023

In Opsgenie, in Teams > {{teamname}} > Integrations, I added Mattermost and alerts are appearing in our company's Mattermost instance.  So far so good.

The messages that appear are missing information like severity and responders, and they have extra irrelevant information like Tags. They're also taking up five lines of space when they could be only two (the frequency of alerts means screen-space is scarce).

How can I change the format of the messages sent from OpsGenie to Mattermost via this integration?  I'd rather use OpsGenie, but I'll bypass OpsGenie and send directly from my monitoring system if I must.

eg: what I see:

> New alert: #20151
>
> "product-g21 : JvmMemoryFillingUp : main-auth-785cc6f8dc-bxhx9 : JVM memory 91.01%%>90%"
>
> Tags
> g21

what I'd rather see:

> New alert #20151 , responders: productteam
> P2 : product-g21 : JvmMemoryFillingUp : main-auth-785cc6f8dc-bxhx9 : JVM memory 91.01%%>90%

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Moses Moore ,

We do have a feature request for something similar to this for Slack, however, currently, there is no way to format the note or change the fields without sending the message to another endpoint first and formatting it with a script. You can try adding the Mattermost markup for formatting directly to your alerts if that is an option for you. 

Moses Moore May 29, 2023

Adding more data to the message won't make for smaller messages when they land on Mattermost/Slack.  and any extra data I add to the alert summary would pollute the message on all other platforms, such as email, pager, or OpsGenie's own web UI.

I ended up bypassing OpsGenie, so this isn't a show-stopper just a feature request.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events