Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot match P5 information from OpsGenie with Lowest from JIRA

Marlon Silva April 19, 2022

We cannot seem to find a way to match the priority of the alert in OPSGENIE from JIRA. there is no issue with P1-P4 between OpsGenie and Jira. But when I created a JIRA ticket with Lowest as priority, when it creates an alert in OpsGenie it still shows as P4. I already set it to create as P5-Information in OpsGenie but still shows as P4. Please see screenshot below for my current setting. I also included the test ticket i created and it shows that it is Lowest Priority ticket. Is there something that I missed? but it worked on the other priority. Please advice. Thank you

OpsGenie P5.JPGOpsGenie P5 activity log.JPGJira P5.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Marlon Silva ,

Is your P4 create alert action mapping to the Priority Contains "Low" by chance?

If yes - then my guess is the P5s (Lowest) are matching on that condition - since it would contain "Low." And if that's the case, then you may want to change the P4 create alert action mapping to the Priority Equals "Low."

That might not be the case - with the JSM Priority being "Low" but seems like it could be. Regardless, seems like the "Lowest" alerts are matching on the P4 create alert action and its conditions so that might give an idea of what could be happening.

I set on the P5 create alert action to map with Lowest in JSM as shown on the screenshot. the ticket I created a ticket in JSM with lowest priority but still shows as P4 in OpsGenie upon checking in the Alerts tab. 

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Right, but the P5s / Lowest JSM issues are matching on this create alert action:

low1.jpglow2.jpg

For context, these actions are processed top >> down in an order of operations. Opsgenie will review the top action, and if Opsgenie does not match the action's filter/conditions, look at the next action(s) until a match is made.

So it seems like the Lowest JSM issues are matching on this action before actually reaching the Lowest Opsgenie create alert action. 

Again - if your Low create alert action is parsing on the Priority Contains Low - then that'd be the issue - since "Low" is contained in "Lowest." 

is there a way to correct this?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

Yes - adjust the condition(s) and what's being filtered on in your Low Alert create alert action:

low1.jpg

Whatever is defined here is matching on your Lowest JSM Issues.

If your actions are configured like this;

JSM "Low" issues should map to P4 Opsgenie alerts, and JSM "Lowest" issues should map to P5 Opsgenie alerts:

low3.jpglow4.jpg

You Lowest JSM issues are going to match on the Low Alerts create alert action since "Low" is contained in the condition - "Lowest":

low7.jpg

I think changing the Priority condition from 

Priority Contains "Low" >> Priority Equals "Low" should solve the issue.

Otherwise open a support ticket with our team to take a deeper look at your Opsgenie: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

That did it! Thank you so much for the assistance.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events