Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a team to Opsgenie

Robert Fernandez November 24, 2021

Hi:

I am trying to add a team and members to Opsgenie.

What is the proper role needed to do this.

Currently my role is of user.

I am trying to set up the ability to link a Jira Service Management Request to automatically create an alert/incident ticket and then have the alert/incident be automatically linked to the request that came from Jira Service Management. Currently the alert is not created, I have to create it and when I try to link it to Jira Service Management it does not find the request. Thinking I need to create the team in OPsgenie however currently because of rights I cannot. Does this sound like the issue and the approach to fix this.

Thanks...

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Robert Fernandez ,

You'd need to be either an account Admin / Owner within your Opsgenie to add a team, or be assigned a custom role with the permission to add teams: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/learn-user-roles-and-permissions/

You could have one of your account Admins / Owners create a team for you, then add you as as a member, and assign you an admin of that team specifically. As an admin of a team, you can create integrations, along with all other admin permission for that team: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/create-a-team-and-add-members/

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Robert Fernandez November 24, 2021

Great! Yes thank you for the feedback  Nick H.

Reached out to acct admin to get the correct rights. This will help me get started.

Thanks!

Like Nick H likes this
Bentsion Berg January 26, 2022

Hi @Nick H ,

I have a user with the role of Admin who cannot create a team. This user is not an admin in Jira. Does the user also have to be an admin in Jira to have this access?

Thanks,

Ben

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Bentsion Berg ,

Jira permissions do not always translate to the equivalent user permission in Opsgenie. But no - they do not need to be an admin in Jira to have this access.

This user would need to be an Admin or Owner in Opsgenie to add a team. This can be managed in Opsgenie under the Settings >> Users tab >> select the user's role.

rolescomm1.jpg

Your user might be an admin of an Opsgenie team, but this does not give them admin permissions throughout the account - only admin permissions under that team.

Hope that helps!

Bentsion Berg January 26, 2022

Ok, thanks @Nick H .

There are currently no teams setup and that user is an admin. How do I make them an admin throughout the account?

Thanks,

Ben

Nick H
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2022

You can control your users' permissions / roles in Opsgenie under the Settings >> Users tab >> select the user's role. The screenshot above will show where that can be done as well :)

Alexey Gl February 3, 2023

Dear @Nick H 

Can you please tell me why there is such an error? I am a site administrator and just created an opsgenie site.

Thanks in advance!Screenshot_7.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2023

Hi @Alexey Gl ,

Although you are the site admin, site roles don't always translate to Opsgenie roles.

Since you cannot add a team - my assumption is you are assigned a User role. Maybe connect internally with some of your colleagues to have your role upgraded to account Admin or Owner. Or you could open a ticket with Opsgenie support for assistance: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

Like Alexey Gl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events