cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Set an Admin User

Evan Cook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2023

hi there, something seems very broken with our Ops Genie accounts

we have one Ops Genie team configured with four "User" members (i.e. no admins) - I am working with a coworker who is an Organization Admin, but they cannot access Ops Genie at all - any attempt just redirects them here https://parallellearning.app.opsgenie.com/auth/login?type=sso, which prompts for a password that they do not have b/c we've all been using SSO - attempting to password reset does nothing - this is admin is not a member of any Ops Genie team, nor is there any apparent way of making them one

we've poked around Atlassian Admin for a while now looking for some way to make one of these users an admin (it has to be possible - i.e. https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/learn-user-roles-and-permissions/) but have not had any luck, all the select dropdowns only offer "User" to be selected

has anyone experienced this issue or have any ideas to get our site unstuck?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

Hi @Evan Cook

It looks like the 'parallellearning' Opsgenie account is on the free version which only allows up to 5 users.

Any users beyond the 5th user would not be able to access the account until the subscription was first updated to a plan with a higher user count. The user with the "owner" role would be the person who has access to make that change from within Opsgenie under Settings >> Subscription. 

You are correct that from the Atlassian admin screen, you can only add new users with the "user" role, but not "Admins." making users Admin users must be done from within Opsgenie. 

Evan Cook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

hi john, thanks for the response! the issue is that we don't actually have an active "owner" on the account - our eng director who it likely was left the team several months ago and they never transitioned that role over to an active member

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2023

@Evan Cook No worries! In that case, please have the site admin contact support and we can add them as an Opsgenie account owner. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events