Can you send an incoming call to voicemail based on time of day?

Collin Shawler January 30, 2023

My company is currently using OpsGenie to manage after-hours support. We would like to restrict phone calls from ringing through to an agent during our normal business hours as we will have the full team available during normal business hours to work critical issues when we are notified of them through Jira or email. We would prefer to direct these calls to voicemail during those times. I don't see an option to restrict the phone call integrations to specific time intervals. Anyone know of a way that I can achieve this objective?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi @Collin Shawler 

I have configured something related and used this article 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-articles/Routing-Incoming-Calls-Based-on-Time-of-Day-via-Incoming-Call/ba-p/1668032

If the schedule / escalation has no user to call, the Incoming call will route to voice message.

I hope this helps

Collin Shawler January 31, 2023

Thanks, @Patricia Francezi !

I think this is exactly what I was looking for. I was not aware that you could add an escalation policy into the rotation of a schedule.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events