Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you log in to the mobile app with multiple companies?

Robert Endicott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2020

Sometimes I do consulting with other companies and they use OpsGenie.  Is there a way that I can get both alerts with the mobile app?  There are 2 different email addresses and I do not want to use SMS or phone calls.

4 answers

2 votes
Deleted user May 10, 2021

Not sure the best way to request this as a possible feature. I would like to use multiple accounts and they would be different email addresses. 

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Robert,

Welcome to the community.

The application only allows you to login with a single account.  So you would have to logout and log back in to use a different account. So it will not work for what you are trying to do.

0 votes
lachlan.mcintosh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2023

Don’t know of many apps?

outlook and the rest of the office 365 suite?Pager duty

just because a dev team member doesn’t understand why it’s needed doesn’t mean it’s not needed. 

what I don’t understand is why logging in with the same email is in any way reasonable ?

please add the ability for multiple accounts, if you already have the code in there to switch anyway, this addition should be trivial.

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2020

Hi @Robert Endicott ,

If you use the same login email for both Opsgenie accounts, then you can simply switch between the two within the mobile app:

mobile comm 1.jpg

If your login emails are different, then you'll have to log out of account A to access account B. The Switch Account option will not sync between the two.

But - as long as your mobile device is configured for both accounts, you can still receive push notifications for BOTH - even if you are logged into account A, and an alert/push notification is sent from account B.

Again, you might have to log out of account A to see the alert in account B, but it is possible to get notifications for both accounts using the mobile app.

Hope this clarifies. Let us know if you have additional questions.

paulgear
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 18, 2021

This isn't practical if one of the accounts I'm using is an individual account and one is organisationally-managed.  I can't change my organisation account to my personal email, and I'm unwilling to cede control of my personal Opsgenie account to work.  What is the mechanism for requesting an enhancement to support multiple separate accounts?

Like # people like this
St. Keimond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2022

+1 this, Atlassian your answer is not practical. Could you please review this request?

@paulgear , at least PagerDuty has a free account so I'm going to go try that for my side business since I'm in the same boat and can't switch OG between my two companies...

Like Ame Stre likes this
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2022

I don't know of many apps besides Gmail that allows you to switch between accounts with different login emails. I understand the use case, but don't have any transparency on when/if this will be considered.

We do have any Opsgenie << >> Opsgenie integration that might make visibility a bit easier. You could have one Opsgenie send cloned alerts to the other. The integration is bidirectional so actions taken in one instance can reflect in the other. Figured I'd at least share that.

mateuszmierzwinski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 14, 2022

+1 to multiple accounts login - I do have ops genie in my work and want to have it for my private stuff too.

Like # people like this
Wille Faler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 21, 2022

Also +1 for multiple accounts.

OpsGenie is in many ways a better product than PagerDuty, but no multi-account support is a complete show-stopper for me.

The use-case is likely quite common: you work for a consultancy, with one or more clients, for which you are on-call, in addition to your internal tools.

Like # people like this
Mario Zuppini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2022

Would be helpful for those who agree this isn't a workable solution for those who require private+organisation accounts would list what solution they did end up going with ?

I'm facing similar issue right now with opsgenie being adopted across a few different businesses that are managed.

Short of carrying a specific phone/device around 'per opsgenie' instance.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events