Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we push the extra property values from Opsgenie to custom fields in Jira

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Can we push the extra property values from Opsgenie to custom fields in Jira. We have an email integration and there are some extra properties that have been captured and can we push them to custom fields in Jira

2 answers

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Chethan GR !

With the default integration, it's not possible to map additional Opsgenie fields to the Jira issue fields that it creates. Our team is working on a new more advanced Jira integration that will allow for more customization of mapping Opsgenie fields to Jira fields, so stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, you can setup the integration via Opsgenie Edge Connector (OEC) 

OEC is a service you install that will essentially be "subscribed" to the Jira integration in Opsgenie, and will execute a script that will actually create/update the issues in Jira. So when an alert is created in Opsgenie and the Jira integration picks it up, OEC will pick up that alert, and execute the actionExecutor.py script that is included in the Jira-OEC package, and that script makes the request to the Jira API to create the issue.

You can fully customize that script, so you could add in those additional extra property fields from the Opsgenie alert to be included in the payload that is sent to Jira to create the issue.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,

Samir

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Samir ,

Thanks for the response.

we are actually on cloud and i guess we will have to wait until the features are released. And is there any timeline for these features implementation so that I can convey them to my clients.

Regards,

Chethan

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Chethan GR - You can still use Opsgenie Edge Connector with Jira Cloud. You would just need to install the OEC on a host of your choice, doesn't matter where since the Cloud instances are accessible over the internet. 

As far as timeline for the new features, I don't have an ETA on that at this time, but I know it is a priority for the dev teams so I would expect it to be introduced in the next couple of months. 

Thanks,

Samir

Julian Yu August 26, 2022

Hi,

has this feature been developed yet? when will be the release?

Cheers,

Julian

0 votes
Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2021

email.PNG

I want to push these extra properties to jira custom fields

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events