Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we link jira ticket created automatically by opsgenie alert with ops-genie?

Nikita Shrestha July 13, 2021

1. We are using opsgenie jira software integration to auomatically create jira tickets from critical alerts in opsginie. Now what we would like to have is, the link of the jira ticket automatically created by ops-ginie alert should also be linked automatically in the alert itself during the time of creation. I see there is a section in ops-genie alert called `Jira Software Issues` where we can link our jira tickets. What we are trying to find is some automatic solution to link the ticket. Is it available? If yes how can this be achieved?

2. Also, there is a feture in zira where we can add zendesk section and view all the conversation that happens in zendesk. Can we add similar section in opsgnie alert as well inorder to view all the comments that takes place in the jira ticket created by that alert?

2 answers

0 votes
Siddhartha Mohapatra
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hello @Nikita Shrestha,

Good Morning hope you are having a good day!

I am afraid it is not possible to view the Opsgenie alert that shows all the comments in Jira tickets, as per the current product architecture. However, we can see the link/issue key or issue id of the Jira ticket in the OPsgenie alert.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 10.45.29 AM.png Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 10.47.39 AM.png

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help.
Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,
Siddhartha Mohapatra
Senior Cloud Support Engineer

Learn new skills with Atlassian Training & Certification

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hello @Nikita Shrestha,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local environment, we can see that when creating alerts, it will show only the issue key, but without any link to the ticket in Jira. Further searching, we didn’t find any option to automatically add the Jira ticket on OpsGenie.

Based on that, I created a feature request suggesting to add this option:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive future updates.

Regarding the integration between Zendesk and OpsGenie, I didn’t find anything related to what you described. 

Just for a better understanding, would you like a chat window that shows the comments or you would like the comments added to the Jira ticket to show in OpsGenie? Feel free to share screenshots with us, just make sure to hide private information.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Nikita Shrestha July 18, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz !

Thank you for your response. I think I didn't mention my second point clearly. I want a tab in ops-genie alert that shows all the comments in jira tickets, same way as we can see in jira. Hope this details helps you.

Best Regards,

Nikita Shrestha

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2021

Hi @Nikita Shrestha,

On OpsGenie alerts, there is a tab called “Notes” that shows the Jira comments, but it’s only for each alert.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 14.29.55.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events