Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can we close alerts in Opsgenie with email integration

We have a requirement where in alerts will be created via email integration in Opsgenie when some service is down and once the service is back it will trigger another email and it will have something in the email body saying the status is ok. So can we match this and close the alert automatically in Opsgenie.

I tried all the options to match text in Subject, Message in Advanced option in integration but no luck, it keeps on adding the ticket count instead of closing it.

2 answers

1 vote
Nick H Atlassian Team Mar 19, 2021

Hi @Chethan GR ,

This use case is certainly possible! It's all dependent on the alias field - or the alert's unique identifier - of both the create and close alerts.

In order for the integration to close an alert, it needs to find an open existing Opsgenie alert with a matching alias. You can define what data parsed in the alias field of both actions - but again, the key is they need to match.

Here's a very basic example:

emailcomm11.jpgemailcomm22.jpgemailcomm33.jpg

emailcomm44.jpgemailcomm55.jpg

Hope this helps! Here's a few other documents customers leverage to help customize what data parses in the alias or other alert fields:

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/string-processing-methods

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/regular-expressions

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Hi @Nick H ,

I tried the same but it keeps on deduplicating. Please find the screenshots attached.

Alert.PNGAlert-2.PNGClose.PNGcreate.PNG

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Regards,

Chethan

Nick H Atlassian Team Mar 22, 2021

Hi @Chethan GR ,

That setup looks good - so I have to assume the second email is in fact containing "Down" in the subject - which is why it's deduplicating. 

If that's the case then the alert will continue to use that action since it matches. You need to filter on something that does not match the Create Alert action's filter - and has the opportunity to review the Close Alert action.

Otherwise, the alerts will continue to deduplicate like this.

What do you mean "adding to the ticket count"?  Adding new messages via deduplication (I assume).

You would need to match your close criteria and then create a Close action in the integration, rather than under the Create Alert tab.   Even with that, its still not working?

Hi @connor mcguane ,

Yes, that's correct it's deduplication.

And I've tried the close action but didn't help. attaching the screenshot for reference.

Close.PNG

Regards,

Chethan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

New GitLab integration in Incident Investigation view

We launched the first version of the Incident investigation view in April of 2020 for Bitbucket Pipelines. Shortly after that, we added the ability to investigate deployment-related incidents in Opsg...

199 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you