Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we avoid closing an alert manually?

Manu John March 15, 2024

Can we avoid closing an alert manually? or can we retrigger the alert if someone accidentally close the alert.
Suppose in alertmanager the particular alert is still in firing state and someone accidentally closes the alert, My expectation is to get a new alert via opsgenie regarding to this firing alert, Will it be possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Mona Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2024

Hi Manu,

This is Mona here, happy to help :)

As I understand, you would like to reopen a Closed Alert in Opsgenie. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

To answer your query, please note that, the Closed state is conclusive, indicating that all necessary actions have been taken. Once closed, an alert’s only available action is to delete. Recipients will be notified when an alert is closed. The alias of the closed alert will also be invalidated, meaning the closed alert won't be able to be queried using its alias and it won't be reopened again.

Secondly, Opsgenie will create an alert if it receives an incoming payload from the alert manager. So, if the alert is closed on the alert manager side and doesn't hit the Opsgenie server then it won't be creating a new alert.

I hope it helps :) In case you have any further queries, please feel free to reach out to us by creating a ticket in this link and we’ll take it from there :)

Thanks,
Mona

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events