Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the description field in the alert be auto generated?

Vidyashankar, Bhargavi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2023

I am looking for an option where the description field of an alert in Ops Genie can be auto generated so that we can act faster and efficiently on the alert.

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Vidyashankar, Bhargavi ,

You can edit what parses in the Description field a few different ways - but both mentioned below are only included in the Standard and Enterprise plans (or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans)

1) Under the integration's Advanced tab. Each integrations Create alert action can be edited to Include different fields / data in the Description field. You can drag and drop the dynamic fields included in the integration, or add whatever hardcoded data you'd like as well.

2) Through an Alert policy. Alert policies are used to modify alerts immediately after creation. These can be configured globally to apply to any/all alerts, or under a team to only apply to a specific team's alerts.

Note that an integration's actions are processed first, then global alert policies, followed by team alert policies. More on that can be reviewed here: Alert creation flow

Vidyashankar, Bhargavi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2023

Hi @Nick H , the information you have shared is quite useful to me. Thanks for the effort.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events