Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link OpsGenie trial to existing Atlassian site

Pieter Nagel March 10, 2020

Our company heavily uses Jira and Confluence, and now we're evaluating OpsGenie.

Managing all our users in one place is a crucial requirement in all this.

We already have an organization and site that I can see on https://admin.atlassian.com, linked to our Jira and Confluence (and integrated with G Suite). I am Org & Site admin here.

According to https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/connecting-opsgenie-account-to-an-atlassian-site-owneradmin-tasks, I should see a "Migrate to an Atlassian site" option under Settings > App Settings > General, but there is nothing of the kind there.

To start the OpsGenie trial, I logged into our Jira, hit the "grid of 9 squares" icon on the top left, and under the "Switch to" menu I chose OpsGenie. I hoped that would create an OpsGenie trial already linked, but instead it made me register a new user. I used the same email as my existing site user in admin.atlassian.com.

Is this kind of linkage only possible after the trial period? That's a bit silly, because the user integration is one of the prerequisites I want to evaluate as part of the trial itself.

4 answers

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

@Pieter Nagel

I believe you did not expand from the Atlassian suite to create your Opsgenie account, instead, you simply registered from the signup page "https://www.atlassian.com/software/opsgenie/try" otherwise, you should be seeing Opsgenie as a "Switch to.." option under the portal.

The upcoming feature will exactly match with those cases, where customers registered from the Opsgenie signup page instead of expanding from the Atlassian suite and create a new account. Currently, you won't be able to do that until we roll out the feature to all other Opsgenie customers.

Hope this helps, let us know if anything else is needed.

Best regards,

Emirhan from Opsgenie,

Pieter Nagel March 12, 2020

No, as I said when I reported this issue: "To start the OpsGenie trial, I logged into our Jira, hit the "grid of 9 squares" icon on the top left, and under the "Switch to" menu I chose OpsGenie"

Regardless I will try deleting both accounts and starting from scratch. I'll see if I can get a refund using this thread as reference.

0 votes

Here's what I see:

Screenshot from 2020-03-12 13-23-35.png

But when I click on Opsgenie, it just takes me to a web page that just invites me to "Try it now"

Hi @Emirhan 

I just went through the process of starting a new trial from the link in the screenshot, and this time round it did link the trial to our Atlassian account.

So now we have a lautus.app.opsgenie.com that is a paid subscription not linked to our Atlassian, as well as a lautus1.app.opsgenie.com trial that is linked to our Atlassian but uses an ugly URL with a 1 in it.

Do you recommend I cancel both subscriptions, maybe wait 2 days for lautus.app.opsgenie.com name to become free, and then recreate the subscription from scratch and hope it works?

Is there any way we can have the paid licenses of the current lautus.app.opsgenie.com transferred to the new subscription in that case?

BTW I followed the same process to start the trial last time.

And I mean not just cancel the subscriptions, delete them.

Also, since we're still in trial mode I don't mind losing any data inside the deleted subscriptions.

Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Hey @Pieter Nagel

Glad to hear that it worked!

Since there is an already account named "lautus", Opsgenie created a new one as "lautus1" when you expand. I can simply change account names and your new trial account will be the desired name if you want me to that. 

Regarding your refund request, I suggest you to raise a support ticket to Opsgenie support so we can redirect it to relevant departments. 

Best regards,

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2020

Hey @Pieter Nagel

Sorry for not being fully able to clear!

The doc you have shared in your question is related to linking your existing Opsgenie instance with your Atlassian account. The concept behind is, we're bringing the ability to link Opsgenie and Atlassian accounts for all customers who created an Opsgenie account before the Atlassian acquisition. Currently, only customers who expanded from Atlassian to Opsgenie can link their accounts together, like you did. If you have done it already, you don't need to "migrate to Atlassian" again. 

With the help of the upcoming feature, customers who created an Opsgenie account from https://www.atlassian.com/software/opsgenie/try will also be able to link those accounts together.

The question is when you are logged in to your Jira, do you see switch to Opsgenie option available? 

image (9).png

Hope my answer helps, let me know if you need anything else! 

Best regards,

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2020

Hello @Pieter Nagel

Thank you for contacting Opsgenie Community!

Being able to connect the already existing Opsgenie account with your Atlassian account is in the beta version at the moment and offered to a small group of customers. Right now, it's not enabled by default and waiting to see test results before we make it enabled for all customers.

If you expand from the Atlassian suite and create a new account in Opsgenie, you'll have a chance to link your Atlassian account with Opsgenie, even though you are on a trial period at the moment - please see the attached image.

System_dashboard_-_Jira.png

Have you done this and you got another results? If so, please let me know, I would be happy to assist!

Warm regards,

Emirhan from Opsgenie,

Pieter Nagel March 11, 2020

Good day @Emirhan ,

Yes, I did expand from the Atlassian Suite and click "Try it now" as per your screenshot, but I still not see the option to link the account.

But I'm confused by your answer. I thought you said the feature was in beta and is not available to everyone yet? Or is the beta feature supposed to be offered all new trial users?

I upgraded to paid Essentials in the meantime, BTW.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events