Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect OpsGenie to our Atlassian site

Martin Juell April 15, 2020

I'm trying to connect my OpsGenie essential instance to my Atlassian site, but it tells me

"We didn't find an Atlassian site associated with your account information. You'll need to create a new Atlassian site as part of your account migration."

The email of my OpsGenie account is the same as the one associated with the atlassian account from which I'm writing this, which should be connected to the site. What am I missing? Do I need privileges I don't have? Is it an issue that we use Google SSO on the Atlassian site and not for OpsGenie?

1 answer

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hello Martin, 

Thank you for contacting Opsgenie Community! 

In order to map your Opsgenie account with your Atlassian account, the Opsgenie user you got must have administrative rights in your Atlassian instance, otherwise, Opsgenie won't be able to find the account to map therefore you'll be prompted to create a new Atlassian-side, instead of mapping the existing one!

Could you please check your Atlassian user-rights and make sure that you have administrative rights? 

Let us know how it goes, we would be happy to help you!

Martin Juell April 15, 2020

Hi,

Indeed, i was able to connect the two when I temporarily became an admin of the Atlassian site.

Now, however, my OpsGenie account is suspended. I can't login to OpsGenie normally (it says my account is suspended), and I can't switch app using the app grid icon when logged into Jira with my Atlassian account (I come to the OpsGenie login page, on which I can't log in).

Any idea what I can do?

Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2020

Hey @Martin Juell ,

Glad to hear that you have managed to map two accounts together!

Were you using a trial subscription of Opsgenie? If yes - once your trial finishes, your account will automatically be switched to a Free tier which is up to 5 users. For that reason, if you have more than 5 users in your account, Opsgenie is automatically suspending those users by the date they've added. 

Could you please share your account details with me so I can check what's going on in your account?

Martin Juell April 17, 2020

At first, my account "was suspended", then my account "did not exist", then I was able to recreate the account using a link in an email sent "from the administrator" with an invite, but the account was only a normal user account whereas before I was the owner.

After having my access restored by another owner, though, things are now back to normal.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events