Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add stakeholder

Dawid Pawliszyn November 3, 2021

We are currently trying to set up OpsGenie as part of our Major Incident process and it has been quite easy to set up so far.. however, I seem to be stuck when trying to add a stake holder as its telling me that I need to upgrade my plan which is confusing.

We currently use Jira Service Management with incident management powered by Opsgenie and we are using the 'Standard Plan'. After reading, you should have the ability to customise roles and stakeholders through this?

Can anyone possibly help me understand what I'm missing? Even looking at further plug ins, a stakeholder option is not displayed anywhere.

Thanks,

Dawid.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Dawid Pawliszyn ,

This is Darryl, Opsgenie Support. I am here to help. 

From your description, I assume that your Opsgenie is a subordinated subscription of your Jira Service Management (JSM) which was spun up upon the subscription of your JSM.

Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding and kindly open up a support ticket with us.

In this type of subscription, there will be no Stakeholders available.

Here I attach the relevant documentation for your reference.

Furthermore, under this type of subscription, the following features will be no longer supported:

• Voice Notification is only available on JSM-Premium and above, not on JSM-Standard.
  • Incoming call routing

• Live chat support

• Stakeholder roles

Hope this is helpful for you.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Dawid Pawliszyn January 17, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee

Thank you for your response.

Correct, it's currently Subordinated under our current 'Standard Plan'. Does this mean we need to upgrade to a 'Premium' plan in order to get stakeholders?

See below:

JSM.jpg

Or will I need to create a divide between our JSM & OpsGenie and pay for them separately?

Thanks,

Dawid.

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Dawid Pawliszyn ,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, in the subordinated type of Opsgenie subscription, there is no Stakeholder role available no matter which plans you are subscribing to.

Alternatively, if this feature matters to your operation, please open up a support ticket with us to help you split up the subscription, which means switching your Opsgenie to be a Standalone subscription.

However, that also means you will need to pay the subscriptions for your JSM and Opsgenie separately, and you will need to subscribe to the Enterprise plan of Opsgenie to have this feature.

Here is the Opsgenie Pricing Page for your reference.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Like Dawid Pawliszyn likes this
Dawid Pawliszyn January 17, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee

Thank you for this, its been really helpful!

Will most likely proceed to separate both of these until its all supported in the future.

Thanks,

Dawid.

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2022

Hi @Dawid Pawliszyn ,

It's all my pleasure to help you out!

Please feel free to open up a ticket to us for better assistance when needed.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Andy Hockenhull February 25, 2022

Hello @Darryl Lee ,

Do you know if there are any plans to add stakeholder capability to the merged version of OpsGenie with JSM Premium at all or is the only option to unmerge and go for the Enterprise version of OpsGenie which for our installed user base will be a big cost hike for us?

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2022

Hi @Andy Hockenhull ,

That's a great question.

Unfortunately, the Stakeholder role is only available on the standalone subscription, which means the unmerge and subscribe to the Enterprise plan of your Opsgenie is the only way to have this feature.

I have just added your business name to an existing feature request, JSDCLOUD-10072, please vote for it and start watching it to stay tuned,

Thank you very much for your feedback on helping us improve Opsgenie. 

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events