Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can segregation of messages be applied in managing incident comms with OpsGenie/Statuspage?

Cushla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2020

I want to use OpsGenie and Statuspage to manage customer comms during an incident, but to use multiple email messages. To one set of users, I want to proactively manage notifications that they are impacted and to the remainder of the users of my platform, I want to manage comms advising that the other users are currently impacted/unavailable. Can this usecase be readily supported?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Hi @Cushla -

You can leverage Opsgenie's stakeholders and Statuspage's subscribers to accomplish this. Within Opsgenie, you can have incidents create alerts that would trigger a Statuspage incident. You would need to use this workflow since Opsgenie incidents currently does not directly create Statuspage incidents. 

Once the Statuspage incident is created, your subscribers will be initially notified about this. This can be applied to your first set of users. Every time you update the Statuspage incident, the subscribers will be notified.

In Opsgenie, you still have an open incident that created the Statuspage incident. You have the option to update stakeholders, this can be applied to the remainder of users of your platform. 

Opsgenie_-_Incidents.png

Hope this helps!

Cushla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2020

Excellent, thanks Mark!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events