Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can escalation rule to 'notify next user (in rotation) for on call sched' traverse the entire list?

Is there a way to get the application to traverse the entire on call schedule? When I set up the escalation to notify next user (in rotation) for <on call schedule>, it only calls the first person and, assuming they don't answer, the next person in the rotation. If the call to the 'next person' goes unanswered, the next 'next person' is not called.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Janey! 

At this time, there isn't a built-in way to escalate it past the person who is currently the next user in the on-call schedule (i.e. the next, next user). We do have an open feature request that I can add your organization to. In the meantime, the best option would be to create a second schedule with the rotation offset by two places and then escalate it to that schedule to get the user after the next user on-call.

Best,

Skyler

Can my organization be added to this feature request too please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

307 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you