Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Zabbix OEC support multiple integrations?

DMC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2021

Have Zabbix v5.0 w/ OEC v1.1.4 ... the config.json only allows for a single api_Key, yet we need Zabbix to notify multiple different application teams.   I know that we can specify a responder in the call to send2opsgenie, but the issue is all other teams are stuck with the integration settings the primary integration uses, which in my case suppresses alerts.   Thus, all other teams have their alerts suppressed.

I attempted to setup a 2nd OEC agent, with a separate config.json.   When I start it, I get an error stating it is unable to bind to a tcp port (as the primary oec process has it bound).   I'm finding no documentation or way to specify a secondary port for it to listen on.   Nor am I sure it would even work bound to a different port.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2021

Hi @DMC 

Yes, you can run multiple OEC services on a single host smile

When it comes to setting up your secondary OEC to run on another port here are some steps on how you can do this: 

Linux

Editing the Linux service

1. Edit /etc/systemd/system/oec_custom.service change the line ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/OpsgenieEdgeConnector add the parameter --oec-metrics with a unique port value (the default value is 7070) for exampleExecStart=/usr/local/bin/OpsgenieEdgeConnector --oec-metrics 7071

2. Edit /etc/systemd/system/oec_custom.service change the line Environment="OEC_CONF_LOCAL_FILEPATH=/home/opsgenie/oec/conf/config.json" edit it to reflect the new path of config.json Environment="OEC_CONF_LOCAL_FILEPATH=/home/opsgenie/oec/conf/config.json" (See the paths highlighted green in the screenshots below)

3. Lastly, enable the service to start after system boot: systemctl enable oec_custom

Image 2021-07-05 at 2.41.47 pm

Image 2021-07-05 at 2.42.57 pm

Windows

Creating a new Windows Service

Edit oecService64.json update the service name (highlighted pink), oec-metrics port (highlighted green) and update the file paths to reflect the new folder’s path (highlighted blue).

Image 2021-07-05 at 2.47.29 pm
Image 2021-07-05 at 2.47.44 pm
Install and start the new service:
cd "c:\opsgenie\oec_custom"
.\oecService64.exe install
.\oecService64.exe start
Thanks,
Connor
DMC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2021

Thanks Connor.   Appreciate the timely response.

Here's what I've learned, while testing this.   I'm not sure you need multiple OEC agents running.   I found that the OEC agent is only used during INBOUND communications.   I was under the impression that the send2opsgenie command was using it for outbound.

Seems the OpsGenie integration can be selected by specifying the '-apiKey=xxxxx' flag to my 'send2opsgenie' command.

The other observation, was than while running two OEC agents, there was no difference.  Both agents seem to be pulling from the same OpsGenie cloud queue.   Such that when an event/alert is acknowledged both of them would attempt to action it.

At this point, I don't believe I see a need to have more than a single OEC agent.   However, I certainly appreciate the response Connor.

Like Connor Eyles likes this
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi @dmc 

You are correct, OEC is used for inbound communication. Glad to hear you got this one working regardless!

The above steps are how you can run multiple OEC agents on different ports smile

Thanks,
Connor

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events