Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can OG Alerts autoclose or autoack if I do these actions in NR and vice-versa?

Joanne Oliveira October 31, 2022

Hi Team,

I am setting up an environment with a New Relic Workflow connection with OpsGenie (Webhook) but whenever I close or ack incidents in New Relic, OG does not auto-acknowledge or auto-close on its side. The same happens the other way around.

Is there something I need to pass through the payload or some settings inside OG so that both will communicate?

thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Joanne Oliveira ,

By default, the New Relic integration will try to close an open existing Opsgenie alert based on the State:

nr1.jpg

Note that screenshot above is of the Advanced tab which is only available on the Opsgenie Standard and Enterprise plans, or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans.

So as long as New Relic is sending some sort of request to Opsgenie when the NR alerts close, you should be able to filter on that to close the corresponding Opsgenie alerts.

You can also review the Logs tab to see if your Opsgenie is receiving these requests as well.

At this time though, the New Relic integration does not have an outgoing workflow so actions taken on the Opsgenie alert cannot reflect in New Relic.

Joanne Oliveira October 31, 2022

Thanks, Nick!

That's very helpful, you are fast! :) 

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events