It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I globally set any Acknowlegement to expire (auto-unack) after a period of time?

When on-call assignments change, all previous "acked" alerts remain acked and silent indefinitely.  I would like any acked alerts to revert to "unacked" after a period of time.  Like a day or two.  How do I do that?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Have you tried adding a notification policy to 'auto restart' after X time?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H Atlassian Team Sep 12, 2020

Hi @Ben Gardella ,

Like @avarvel mentioned, we see most customers adding a Notification Policy that is configured to restart notifications after X-time following when the alert was created: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy 

These can be configured under a team's Policies tab and would look something like this:

no comm2.jpg

Alternatively, if your alerts notify users through an escalation policy, you could repeat that escalation's rules and revert the alert back to an un-ack'd state:

escalation comm.jpg

Either option works! Simply a personal preference between one or the other. Let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Thanks. I'll try option one and see how it goes.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Opsgenie

Incident Responders, Incident Commanders, Stakeholders! I want to hear from YOU!

Hello there friendly community! I'm currently working on a guide for folks who are new to Incident Management, or want to improve their current Incident Management process. The TL;DR  I'd...

175 views 5 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you