Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I globally set any Acknowlegement to expire (auto-unack) after a period of time?

Ben Gardella September 3, 2020

When on-call assignments change, all previous "acked" alerts remain acked and silent indefinitely.  I would like any acked alerts to revert to "unacked" after a period of time.  Like a day or two.  How do I do that?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 6, 2020

Have you tried adding a notification policy to 'auto restart' after X time?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2020

Hi @Ben Gardella ,

Like @[deleted] mentioned, we see most customers adding a Notification Policy that is configured to restart notifications after X-time following when the alert was created: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy 

These can be configured under a team's Policies tab and would look something like this:

no comm2.jpg

Alternatively, if your alerts notify users through an escalation policy, you could repeat that escalation's rules and revert the alert back to an un-ack'd state:

escalation comm.jpg

Either option works! Simply a personal preference between one or the other. Let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Ben Gardella September 12, 2020

Thanks. I'll try option one and see how it goes.

Like Nick H likes this
Orhun Özbal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2023

These two alternatives seem to have different side-effects if you have multiple integrations on the same alert. 
When using the first option(with notification policy on teams), whole alert life-cycle restarts and re-triggers any other integrations you may have. 
The second option only loops through the escalation rules so any other integrations are not notified. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events