Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an escalation rule to remind the acknowledger of the alert to close after X minutes.

Jamie Farmer May 1, 2023

We have SLA metrics we need to track for both Acknowledgement and Closing of OpsGenie alerts.  We are good at acknowledging the issue, but are lacking in closing in a timely manner.  We have an auto close rule that closes after 72 hours, but this really doesn't help.  In some instances, a resolution can by 5 minutes.  Sometimes it can take an hour or so to resolve the issue.  I'm looking for a possibility to send a reminder to the current assignee of an OpsGenie alert to close the issue.  This could be set up 1 hour after the acknowledge for example.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Jamie Farmer welcome to the community

You can add an rule in the same escalation rule, to alert again if the alert is not closed after some time

image.png

But there is no way to notify the owner of the alert in the options.

In this case, I suggest you to notify the team leader if not closed, or the team - if the main problem is closing the alert anyone can do it if fixed, right?

I hope this helps

Jamie Farmer May 4, 2023

Yes, we are going to give the team a couple of more weeks to improve on closing.  If we need to, we will create a manager rotation and alert them if not closed within X minutes.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events