Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure integration not parsing properties block

Matt Browne February 18, 2021

If I set some json values on my azure alerts in the data.alertContent.properties block how can I access them from opsgenie?

It looks like they are just ignored, even the docs page has them set but then their lost: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/microsoft-azure-integration

Is this just a limitation of opsgenie or is there a way to pass values from azure to opsgenie to give an alert more context.

My use case here is I add tags to my alerts which give them content to which client they correspond and I would like to tag my alerts as such.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Matt Browne ,

Anything that Opsgenie is receiving in the payload can be parsed into the Opsgenie alerts using dynamic fields.

So first thing to check would be the logs in Opsgenie (Settings -> Logs), and look for the "Received integration request" log for an alert sent from Azure to Opsgenie, then you can confirm that we are receiving these "properties" fields.

You can then parse them out using something like {{_payload.Properties.key1}}, depending on the structure of the Properties field within that payload.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events