Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Reboot action on services hosted on EC2 Instances

Dominique Mathews March 27, 2022

I was looking to use EC2 Rescue tool to automate some task when an opsgenie alert is triggered. I understand you can use this tool to reboot the entire instance but curious to know is possible to use this tool to dig down to the actual services hosted on the instance and specifically just have that service rebooted ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Hi Dominique!

Justin here, from Opsgenie support - happy to help!

What Opsgenie offers (in terms of automation) is the ability to run these AWS Systems Manager (SM) documents via what are called 'actions' in Opsgenie - in particular, running the EC2 Rescue Tool can be done by following this article:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/execute-aws-ec2-rescue-tool-with-opsgenie-actions/

AWS offers a number of other prebuilt SM documents that can be executed in the same way by Opsgenie actions, and also offers the ability to customize and build your own - these can hook in with other AWS services as well (like AWS Lambda) to provide wide-ranging functionality. 

Having said that - we do not directly offer or support any of these documents, and instead simply offer a tool that allows you to automatically trigger them from your alerts in Opsgenie - so if you're wanting to delve deeper into the options available for investigating issues with services in your EC2 instances, you may want to connect with AWS support for recommendations on either prebuilt or custom AWS SM documents for your particular needs. 

But, if you have other questions about using Opsgenie action channels and actions, please do let us know!

Best, 

Justin S

Atlassian Cloud Support

Dominique Mathews March 28, 2022

Hey Justin thank you for getting back. Appreciate the help. I will take those steps then and reach out to AWS support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events