Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically create incident from Alert in opsgenie

Dear all,

I have setup in opsgenie an Email integration in order to test the automatic creation of incident.

When an email came in, it properly create an alert, but what I try to find out is how to automatically create an Incident when an alert contains a specific string and how to map Alert field with incident fields.

My JSM is a Premium subscription, but i could not find the menu to configure Incident Rules ?

Thanks for help

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H Atlassian Team May 10, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

You'll want to use incident rules to automatically create incidents based off an alert's specific string. But I believe these are only included with JSM Enterprise.

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/automatically-create-an-incident-via-incident-rules/

Incident rules can be configured under the team receiving the alerts >> the specific Service >> Incident Rules tab:

comminc`.jpg

@Nick H ,

I find it out, it was hidden inside the service integration configuration under Rules Tab, was looking for a button Incident Rules

regards

Like Belliveau_ John likes this
Nick H Atlassian Team May 10, 2021

I apologize, and agree the wording from plan-to-plan (JSM << >> OG) is a bit confusing. I'll try to have engineering clear this up.

JSM Premium maps to OG Standard. Our Incident Rule doc shows a warning at the top of the page mentioning Incident Rules are only included on the Enterprise plan. Which is what I was basing my belief off of:

comminc2.jpg

But the JSM pricing page mentions automation of incidents is included with JSM Premium:

comminc3.jpg

So can you trying creating a service under a team, then add an incident rule? And please confirm whether or not you are able to add a rule successfully.

Thanks!

I can see the Incident Rules under my services, it was hidden in a tab...

Yes licence and Plan are really horrible to understand.

why not simply map OPSG plan to Jira plan, sometime simpler thing goes smoother and avoid customer frustration

regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

How do I use Zebrium + Opsgenie for Root Cause Analysis (RCA)?

This article was co-authored by Gavin Cohen of Zebrium. Zebrium has a bi-directional integration with Opsgenie and is a machine learning solution for RCA.  We all know the drill. 💤 You'r...

283 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you