cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create incident from Alert in opsgenie

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Dear all,

I have setup in opsgenie an Email integration in order to test the automatic creation of incident.

When an email came in, it properly create an alert, but what I try to find out is how to automatically create an Incident when an alert contains a specific string and how to map Alert field with incident fields.

My JSM is a Premium subscription, but i could not find the menu to configure Incident Rules ?

Thanks for help

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

You'll want to use incident rules to automatically create incidents based off an alert's specific string. But I believe these are only included with JSM Enterprise.

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/automatically-create-an-incident-via-incident-rules/

Incident rules can be configured under the team receiving the alerts >> the specific Service >> Incident Rules tab:

comminc`.jpg

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

@Nick H ,

I find it out, it was hidden inside the service integration configuration under Rules Tab, was looking for a button Incident Rules

regards

Like Belliveau_ John likes this
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

I apologize, and agree the wording from plan-to-plan (JSM << >> OG) is a bit confusing. I'll try to have engineering clear this up.

JSM Premium maps to OG Standard. Our Incident Rule doc shows a warning at the top of the page mentioning Incident Rules are only included on the Enterprise plan. Which is what I was basing my belief off of:

comminc2.jpg

But the JSM pricing page mentions automation of incidents is included with JSM Premium:

comminc3.jpg

So can you trying creating a service under a team, then add an incident rule? And please confirm whether or not you are able to add a rule successfully.

Thanks!

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2021

I can see the Incident Rules under my services, it was hidden in a tab...

Yes licence and Plan are really horrible to understand.

why not simply map OPSG plan to Jira plan, sometime simpler thing goes smoother and avoid customer frustration

regards

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

hello @Nick H , can you help on the 2 post below, seems you are the only one answering here, this opgenie community is not so responsive in my mind

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Alert-count-behavior-in-Opsgenie-not-clear/qaq-p/1730960

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Incident-and-Responder-Alert-process-is-not-so-clear/qaq-p/1732128

Thanks for help

regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events