Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic incident creation from alert

Patrick Conant March 5, 2021

We have OpsGenie set up to generate an alert for incoming phone calls via the "Incoming Call" integration for a particular team. This is all working perfectly -  the alert is created in the system and the call is routed to the right person. 

Now we would like to automatically create an incident for each alert generated by an incoming call. We've defined a service for the team handling these calls, and we've create an Incident Rule on the service that says "IF for any received alert THEN create an incident with priority P1".

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.26.14 AM.png

I can't see any indication that the rule is ever evaluated. No incident is created, and there's no indication on the alert activity log that the rule was evaluated. 

I'm sure that I am missing something simple - maybe I need to connect the Alert to the Service somehow? But poking around I haven't been able to figure out what the missing link is. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Conant March 9, 2021

From Atlassian Support:

in this case, even though the call is being routed to the correct team, the actual alert is not assigned to that team at the time it is created, which is what would be needed to trigger an incident rule. You can set this in the 'Advanced' settings of the incoming call integration:

jira-generated-image-static.png

Now, an alert created from the incoming call will be assigned to the team from the start, and will also trigger the incident rule and create an incident. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events