Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auto-close SNS alerts within OpsGenie

Hello, 

I've configured an SNS topic for when a cloudwatch alarm triggers an "Alarm" state. I can receive the alarm in Opsgenie, but if the alarm state changes to "OK" the opsgenie alert does not autoclose. 

I've also tried introducing an additional Cloudwatch trigger for when the alarm is "OK" to publish a message back to Opsgenie. This unfortunately just creates a new alarm within Opsgenie. 

How can I can figure an alarm that heals in AWS to autoclose in opsgenie via the SNS integration? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Connor Eyles Atlassian Team Oct 14, 2021

Hi @Manuel Rodriguez 

Thanks for reaching out!

If your close action is creating a new alert then this would mean that the incoming payload being sent from AWS is matching one of your create actions defined on the integration.

Opsgenie uses a top down rule processing method, for a close action to be triggered the incoming payload must not equal any of the create actions above it. 

Without understanding what exactly is at fault here I would suggest reviewing your create actions to ensure they dont match the payload being sent from AWS. For example if you have a create action which has a condition to match all alerts then by default the close payload will match the create action.

Image 2021-10-15 at 12.47.25 pm

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue for the alerts not closing :)

Thanks,
Connor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

297 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you