Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-close SNS alerts within OpsGenie

Manuel Rodriguez October 13, 2021

Hello, 

I've configured an SNS topic for when a cloudwatch alarm triggers an "Alarm" state. I can receive the alarm in Opsgenie, but if the alarm state changes to "OK" the opsgenie alert does not autoclose. 

I've also tried introducing an additional Cloudwatch trigger for when the alarm is "OK" to publish a message back to Opsgenie. This unfortunately just creates a new alarm within Opsgenie. 

How can I can figure an alarm that heals in AWS to autoclose in opsgenie via the SNS integration? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Manuel Rodriguez 

Thanks for reaching out!

If your close action is creating a new alert then this would mean that the incoming payload being sent from AWS is matching one of your create actions defined on the integration.

Opsgenie uses a top down rule processing method, for a close action to be triggered the incoming payload must not equal any of the create actions above it. 

Without understanding what exactly is at fault here I would suggest reviewing your create actions to ensure they dont match the payload being sent from AWS. For example if you have a create action which has a condition to match all alerts then by default the close payload will match the create action.

Image 2021-10-15 at 12.47.25 pm

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue for the alerts not closing :)

Thanks,
Connor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events