Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate an alert with an incident

Alessandro Pistola May 13, 2021

Dear all,

I already know how to associate an existing alert to an existing incident through the dashboard but my question is: is it possible to do that via the API? I do not want to specify a service incident rule to automate that process.

By auditing the web requests during the association process through the dashboard I saw this endpoint
"https://myapp.opsgenie.com/webapi/incidents/:incidentId/associated-alerts" which accept POST request and a payload. That is what would accomplishing my needs if it was accessible via the API, but I did not find anything about it in the documentation. Is there someone here that could clarify my doubts?
Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Alessandro Pistola ,

At this time, Opsgenie does not have an Associate Alert API. We do have an open feature request for this that I've added you to.

That ticket for reference is AG-886; Add ability to associate an alert to an incident in the API

Since our tickets are not public, we'll reach out directly if/when there are any updates on this.

-Nick

0 votes
Francis Pereira August 3, 2022

You would assume that an incident management platform would an API for something as basic as this. It's shocking that OpsGenie does not.

0 votes
Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Alessandro Pistola ,

We recently created a customer-facing Jira where we will be tracking bugs and feature requests for Opsgenie. We don't have all of the past feature requests in there yet, but this one can be tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-33

-Brennan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events