Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oreo 8.1 Notifications Always Playing at Full Volume

Anmol Lal March 27, 2019

I am using the opsgenie app on my moto G5 plus running Android 8.1. All the notifications play at max volume even though my notification volume is pretty low. I found this post online (https://community.opsgenie.com/t/android-oreo-8-1-notifications-always-playing-at-full-volume/818) but I can't find the “Always play notifications on maximum volume option” option in the opsgenie notification settings. Is there some other setting or am I looking in the wrong place for the setting (Apps & notifications -> opsgenie -> App notifications)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gökçem Yiğit March 29, 2019

Hi Anmol,

Thanks for contacting with Opsgenie.

You can change this setting by following: My Profile>Sounds.

In the above part of the "Sounds" page you will see an option about disabling maximum sound level that is indicated as "..play Opsgenie sounds at maximum level.." 

You can also check this link for further info on this. 

Feel free to reach us if you will have further questions :)

Anmol Lal March 29, 2019

Thanks, I think that worked. I also encountered another issue today. My phone was put on DND even though it shouldn't have been. When I opened my phone, it said OpsGenie put it on DND. How do I prevent OpsGenie from putting my phone on DND?

Gökçem Yiğit March 31, 2019

Hi Anmol,

I have consulted the case to our engineering team. To clarify, as far as I have learned from them, when "play at max level" is enabled and phone is in silent mode, when notifications are received, we are increasing the sound at maximum level. And in a minute the phone should go back to silent mode. But for some phones (depends on the model), this is taken as put to "DND" mode.

So, this should not happen when you have disabled the "play at max level", is this happening when it is already disabled?

Best regards,

Anmol Lal April 1, 2019

This happened before I disabled the play at max level. It is not happened after that. I will let you know if it happens again when play at max level is disabled.

Gökçem Yiğit April 2, 2019

Hi Anmol,

Sure. You can also reach us from the support page that you are seeing as a blue bubble in the right bottom part of your Opsgenie account. 

Wish you a great day! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events