Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts that have been ack'd but not closed for x days

Kimi Nakashima September 30, 2020

We've had a problem recently where alerts have been ack'd but not closed. Most of this was because it took some time for us to reduce the noise alerts. Our response team got too used to occasionally ack'ing and ignoring alerts. Now that we've filtered out the noise alerts we're re-training the team, but I was wondering if there's some way to catch this in case something like this happens again.

Is there a way to remind the responder after so many days that they have an open alert? Or maybe some way to send someone (most likely a manager) a list open alerts that haven't been closed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Kimi Nakashima ,

To re-notify users you can configure a Notification Policy under the team receiving these alerts. Notification policies can be used to restart the notification process for any open alerts after x-time. If the alert gets closed before the time configured, the policy will not apply / restart notifications: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy

That might look something like this:

comm6.png

Otherwise, users who have permission to the Analytics tab can schedule reports that send via email for open alerts daily, weekly, etc.

You'll most likely want to configure this scheduled report under the Alert Analytics tab: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-reports-global

That query/report might look something like this:

comm7.pngcomm8.pngcomm9.png

My example above would send me an email weekly every Monday at 8am for any open alerts. 

Hope these help! Let us know if you have additional questions or issues.

-Nick

igor.nobrega November 12, 2021

Hi Nick,

For those options is there a base plan that we need to be in? I can't see those options in my Opsgenie account. Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 19.03.48.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events