Alert lifecycle in Slack channel

anant October 29, 2021

What happens to the existing Alert in Slack when I acknowledge or resolve that alert in the OpsGenie console? Do you have a wiki explaining the complete bi-directional workflow?

1 answer

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

Hi @anant !

If the alert is acknowledged in Opsgenie, a message will be sent to slack showing that the alert was acknowledged (you can also disable this if you don't want a slack message when an alert is acknowledged). This is detailed on our Screenshot_SlackAlertAck.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Samir

anant October 29, 2021

Thank you, Samir.

I realize I need to rely on the color coding to figure out which alerts are acknowledged along with this message. With a flood of messages in this channel, it is very hard to figure out what has been acknowledged, resolved etc. How are others dealing with this alert fatigue given there's no sorting, filtering in the Slack channel? Any best practices you recommend?

anant December 2, 2021

Hi @Samir - Just following up on my query. Did you have any additional inputs?

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2021

Hi @anant ,

Apologies, I didn't see your reply. I'm not sure I understand the question. When an alert is created, it is sent to the slack channel with a color of red

2021-12-02_08-43-18.png

When that alert is acknowledged the color will turn to blue, and another message will appear showing that the alert is acknowledged

2021-12-02_08-44-00.png

When that alert is closed, the color will turn to green, and another message will appear showing the alert is closed

2021-12-02_08-44-39.png

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events