Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert creation depending on other alerts.

DDavid February 5, 2022

I would say it is not possible within Opsgenie but maybe I'm wrong. 
Is there a way to set the integration to only create the alert IF another integration is not alerting?

Eg.: I have services A and B where B depends on A, so if A is offline then both A and B will send the alert.

Is there a way in Opsgenie to tell B's integration not to create an alert if A is alerting?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2022

Hi @DDavid ,

There isn't a way to do this exactly, however if these 2 integrations are both creating alerts with the same alias field, then those alerts will de-duplicate instead of creating 2 separate alerts. 

So integrationA creates alert with alias = "XXX", then integrationB creates alert with alias = "XXX", then that alert will de-duplicate and increase the count of the existing alert instead of creating a separate alert. So you could leverage this so if integrationA stops alerting, then integrationB will still create the alerts.

Thanks,

Samir

0 votes
Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2022

You could setup an OEC that triggers when a new alert is created for B. It would run a script to search open alerts and see if there is one currently open from A. If so, close the B alert.

You might need to put a notification delay on the B alerts to allow time for this to happen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events