cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Grouping

John Dineen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2022

Can alerts be grouped when using the Essentials Plan?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2022

Hi @John Dineen ,

Technically yes - as long as the alias of the alerts match so they deduplicate.

You can edit what parses in the alias field under the Advanced tab of an integration, but this tab is only available for the Standard and Enterprise plans (or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans).

Without access to this part of an integration, it would be rather difficult to group alerts though. On the Free and Essentials plans, Opsgenie will default to parsing a field in the alias depending on the integration.

John Dineen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2022

So with using an email as the integration.  What populates the alias field in the alert?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2022

No field is actually entered into the alias of the Email integration by default.

When no field parses in the alias field, Opsgenie will use the alert's ID in the alias. So in this case, it would not be possible to group Email alerts under the Essentials plan.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events