Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Stakeholders for OpsGenie

bhamdan January 8, 2023

We have been using both OpsGenie and JIRA separately.  A couple years ago OpsGenie migrated our OpsGenie users to Atlassian Admin.  Recently we've moved from local JIRA to cloud JIRA, so have added JIRA to Atlassian Admin and merged our accounts.

I'm trying to get Stakeholders working for OpsGenie but can't figure out how.  Seems like all these upgrades Atlassian has push us to have broken this functionality.  Is it possible to go back to local OpsGenie users so I can get this working?

1 answer

0 votes
bhamdan January 8, 2023

We are currently OpsGenie Enterprise Subscription.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2023

@bhamdan Hi,

You simply dont have the Stakeholder role in Opsgenie JSM.

You will need Opsgenie Standalone for the Stakeholder functionality.

I believe this might change in the future as they are merging step by step (according to my communication with atlassian).

You can add stakeholders to services though via the services option:

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 14.13.13.png

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Howard

bhamdan January 9, 2023

Thanks, Howard.

What's crazy is that we were using OpsGenie before Atlassian purchase.  At some point they converted us to Atlassian Admin.  I don't remember being given the choice of standalone vs merged.  I considered moving to Pagerduty when working on Incident response, but our Cybersecurity SOAR tool didn't have bidirectional integration to either one, so we built webhook integration into OpsGenie.  I'd hate to walk away from that investment. 

We were already using JIRA in our dev shop, and we are considering JIRA ITSM this year.  That kept me in the OpsGenie camp.

Like Howard Nedd likes this
bhamdan January 9, 2023

Howard,

I was able to get to the page you describe above, but of course, I have to have the stakeholders defined before I can select them in this service page.  That currently cannot be done.

Like Howard Nedd likes this
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2023

Maybe contact Opsgenie Support. They are always willing to help sort out the correct solution for your case. There are several ways to solve it and I dont believe you will have to walk away.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Regards
Howard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events